Professional Regulatory Board of Radiologic Technology Program for X-Ray Technologists Licensure Examination
IN MANILA, DAVAO AND ILOILO CITIES ON JUNE 15 & 16, 2013
|DATE AND TIME||SUBJECTS||WEIGHT|
|SATURDAY, JUNE 15,2013
7:00 AM. 7:45 AM.
|GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FILLING-UP OF FORMS||n/a|
|8:00AM. 10:30 AM.||RADIOLOGIC PHYSICS, EQUIPMENT AND MAINTENANCE, RADIOBIOLOGY,RADIATION PROTECTION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
A) Radiologic Physics, Equipment and Maintenance
B.) Radiobiology and Radiation Protection
C.) Quality Assurance and Quality Control
|11:30 AM. 2:00P.M.|| IMAGE PRODUCTION AND EVALUATIONA) Photochemistry and Film Processing
B.) Fundamentals of Radiography
|SUNDAY, .JUNE 16, 2013
8:00 AM. 10:30 AM.
| RADIOGRAPHIC PROCEDURES AND TECHNIQUESA) Radiologic Procedures and Positioning
B.) Radiologic Contrast Examination
|11:30 AM. 2:00P.M .||PATIENT CARE, MANAGEMENT, ETHICS & JURISPRUDENCE,HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY, MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY A) Patient Care
B.) Department Administration
C.) Professional Ethics and Jurisprudence
D.) Human Anatomy and Physiology
E.) Medical Terminology
*as per Board Resolution No. 02 dated May 8, 2008
There are various areas or sections in the Radiology Department or Diagnostic Imaging Department of every hospital. These areas are very important and play important roles in the daily routines that happen in the department.
Below are the areas necessary:
1. INFORMATION AREA OR RECEIVING AREA
- A place where patient completes important medical data as requested and receives schedule for examination.
2. DRESSING ROOM
- An area where the patient change their dress to laboratory gown for examination.
3. EXPOSURE ROOM
- An area where the radiographic examinations are conducted for routine and special radiography as well as fluoroscopic procedure of diagnosing certain diseases.
4. DARK ROOM OR PROCESSING ROOM
- A room devoid of all white light in which the processing cycle of the exposed x –ray film takes place in order to produce image of the anatomy being examined in the radiograph.
5. READING ROOM OR INTERPRETATION ROOM
- An area where Radiologist’s diagnostic reports or findings were interpreted or rule-out based on the patient requests.
-Radiograph is viewed by the aid of NEGATOSCOPE or VIEW BOX.
6. FILING ROOM
- Where radiographs are stored for retrieval when needed.
The Philippine Association of Radiologic Technologists, Inc. (PART) will have its 8th Midyear Convention on July 18 – 20, 2013 @Boracay, Aklan and will be hosted by PART – Panay Chapter.
The theme for this year’s convention is:
“Ethical Administration and Professional Responsibilities of Imaging Science and Services”
The venue for convention will be at the Crown Regency Inland Resort and Convention Center, Station 2, Boracay, while the accommodation will be at the La Carmela de Boracay Resort Hotel, Station 2.
Convention Fee are as follows:
- P6,900 – Pre-registration w/ accommodation
- P7,200 – On-site registration w/accommodation
- P5,000 – Pre-registration Only
- P5,200 – On-site Registration Only
- P6,700- Pre-registration w/ accommodation
- P4,700 - On-site Registration Only
Account Name: Philippine Association of Radiologic Technologists, Inc. – Panay Chapter
Account Number: 1330-0086-16