Archive for the ‘Ethics & Jurisprudence’ Category
Principles of Professional Conduct for Radiologic Technologists and X-ray Technologists
- Radiologic Technologist shall conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the dignity and professional standards of their profession.
- Radiologic Technologist shall provide services with consideration of human dignity and the needs of the patient, unrestricted by consideration of age, sex, race, creed, and social economic status.
- Radiologic Technologist shall make every effort to protect all patients from unnecessary radiation.
- Radiologic Technologist should exercise and accept responsibility for independent discretion and judgment in the performance of their professional service.
- Radiologic Technologist shall judiciously protect the patient’s right to privacy and shall maintain all patient information in the strictness confidence.
- Radiologic Technologist shall apply only method of technology founded upon a scientific basis and not employ those methods that violate the principle.
- Radiologic Technologist shall not diagnose, but in the recognition of their responsibility to the patient, they shall provide the physician with all information they have relative to radiologic diagnosis or patient management.
- Radiologic Technologist shall be responsible for reporting unethical conduct and illegal professional activities to appropriate authorities.
- Radiologic Technologist shall continually strive to improve their knowledge and skills by participating in educational and professional activities and sharing the benefits of their attainment with their colleagues.
- Radiologic Technologist shall protect the public from misinformation and misrepresentation.
Radiologic Technology Educators, especially in the Philippines, find it hard to teach Department Administration, Ethics and Jurisprudence subject because of lack of concrete and comprehensive reference book. For this reason, this Ethics and Jurisprudence Book for Radiologic Technologists is made and published and will be available in selected bookstores in the Philippines.
For those who can’t wait, printed and “binded” copy of this book is available for now. If you are interested, please leave your message in the comment section below or you can send me a message here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) has been honoring the Most Outstanding Professional Radiologic Techbologists of the Philippines since 1994 up to the present.
Below are the complete list of the Most Outstanding Professional RadTechs of the Philippines from 1994 up to 2012.
1994 – MR. SERAFIN OCAMPO – FAMILY CLINIC (+)
1995 – MR. ISAIAS LUPANGCO – NBI (+)
1996 – MR. SANTOS P. RAGASA – MANILA CITY HEALTH (+)
1997 – MR. ROMEO PELGONE – EAST AVE. MEDICAL CENTER
1998 – MR. NORBERTO A. PALOMO – NUEVA ECIJA
1999 – MR. LUIS M . IBARRA – MEDICAL ARTS
2000 – MR. GREGORIO L. DIZON – ST. LOUIE UNIVERISTY
2001 – MR. REYNALDO S. TISADO – CEBU DOCTORS HOSPITAL
2002 – MR. GALILEO GUILLERMO – MAKATI MED. CENTER
2003 – DR. FORTUNATO C. GABON JR. – SACI AND PCHS
2004 – DR. NILO N. ROMEROSO – AGO FOUNDATION AND AMEC
2005 – MR. NILO VILLNAUEVA – PHIL. HEART CENTER
2006 – MR. NICOMEDES M. GOPEZ – FORMER CHAIRMAN
2007-2010 – ? will update soon
2011 – Mr. Roberto Yumul – Makati Medical Center College-College Of Radiologic Technology
2012 – Mr. Jose Zacel A. Logronio – Iloilo Doctors’ College