Film: 8 x 10 (18 x 24 cm)
Position of patient
- with the patient in supine position, center the midsagittal plane of the body to the midline of the table.
- place the arms along the side of the body and adjust the shoulders to lie in the same transverse plane
Position of part
- with the cassette in the bucky tray, center it to the midsagittal plane at the level of the mastoid tip.
- head is rotated approximately 40 to 45 degrees away from the side being examined and the IOML is perpendicular to the plane of the table.
- for right angle projection, make one exposure with head turned to the right and another one turned to the left.
- respiration is suspended
- with the CR angled 10 to 15 degrees caudad, center to a point midway between the outer canthus and the EAM.
- an axial oblique position of the dens (odontoid process) is recommended by kasabach for use in conjunction with the AP and Lateral and for the head of the patient who has a possible fracture or a degenerative disease must not be rotated.